Friday, February 24, 2012

The Party Goes On


Although Santa Marianita has a typically arid climate, it is still subject to unusual weather like every other location in the world.  The day before one of the countries biggest celebrations of the year, ¨"Carnival" they received torrential rains which washed out huge sections of the beach and road, taking several down several power poles as well. 
 But the Ecuadorians are resiliant and were not about to let a little rain spoil their party on the beach.  They packed the beach for 4 days straight, and it was quite the sight.  Everyone there had a smile on, and were happy to be able to spend the time with family and friends.  I can say with all honesty that for the entirety of Carnival I never witnessed one single conflict, which is something considering all the beer consumed.  A great time was had by all, and I would highly recommend a visit during this time.

2 comments:

  1. Carnival on the beach...I thought you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carnival on the beach and no fighting.....wow, I like it!!
    Here in Holland we celebrate Carnival too, usually in freezing temperatures, snow or rain, also with lots of beer and, I'm sad to say, all that drinking often ends in fighting.
    No, your version sounds a lot better!!
    Hope nobody got hurt during those heavy rains!

    ReplyDelete