Went to the Surf Shak yesterday and rented a board for a week. Took out a shorter one first and basically got my ass kicked. Took out a bigger one in the afternoon and it was much better. My goal for the week is to be able to get up on the short board. Met a part owner of the Surf Shak (Peter from Colorado). Has been down here for years (early 40s) and is now starting to get into some real estate. He agreed to take me on a tour tomorrow morning, so will be able to get a better feel on the area.
It really does take a little bit to get used to being here.
Everything is at such a slow pace. There is no rush for anything. Everything gets done, just not at the pace we are used to. I have met several travellers along the way buy most are early 20´s, so most are quick visits.
I wrote this yesterday and when I looked today it was not there so I will try it again
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to tell you once more that there are other parts of Ecuador. It can be real easy to get very comfortable in a place like Canoa and just stay.
And also don't forget that there is a spanish school in Canoa. We know how difficult it is to study when you are on vacation, but I kid you not, just a bit of spanish will make your life so much easier.
Ron
Alan chuckled when I asked him if he saw your note about there being spanish school in Canoa :) Keep it up, Ron!
ReplyDelete